Sunday, April 14, 2024

Bear

Going on a bear hunt 

Going to catch a big one

I'm not scared 

What's that over there..

A friendly bear

A fun bear

A cuddle bear

But a scared bear

I chase

You run

You hide

I surrender 

You text words as sweet as honey 

" I love you"

Here we go again 

But before I know it

You disappear into thin air again 

A ghost bear

Only wanting what I can't have

Starved for affection 

I get a high off of the drizzles of honey ( words of affection)

I'm addicted to the breadcrumbs of memories left  behind in your tracks

A sleeping bag on the beach with a broken zipper 

Stargazing at the brightest stars I've ever seen 

My sandy wet hair drying in the sun on a towel laying next to you

But we are just going around and around drawling circles in the sand

And people are talking 

People are talking 

We were a train wreck waiting to happen 

Reminiscing about making out in your car

I know it's dumb

I know it's dumb 

It ain't 2019 no more

Maybe I should stop searching for 

what is not searching for me


No comments:

Post a Comment